2022 Lunch & Learn Schedule
This will be a Zoom meeting. You must register in order to get the link. It will be emailed one hour before the event.
- February 10: Winter Workout Routine and Yoga for Cyclists: Karen Smartt from Major Taylor Cycling Club will talk about her winter workout routine that includes cross training and indoor cycling followed by Q&A Recording link https://youtu.be/TJi96_FoSAk
- March 10 - Bike Security and Maintenance Jamey McPherson, Bike/Ped Coordinator for the City of Indianapolis, will cover the things people should do to prepare their bikes for the coming riding season. Recording link: https://youtu.be/aISslZ8sbts
- April 14 - Bicycling in the Community and finding group rides: Panel of folks of different bike groups including Black Girls Do Bike Indy, Bike Indianapolis, National Road Heritage Trail, Central Indiana Bicycling Association. Recording link: https://youtu.be/B9ISowVkIJc
- May 12 - Planning Your Bike Travel Weekend: Doug Lukach shares his knowledge to help you plan your bike travel weekend (or longer) Recording link: https://youtu.be/EGbkjzu5Y7Q
- June 9 - Family Bike Rides
- July 14 - Bicycle Accessories and Gadgets
- Aug 11 - Nutrition and Hydration
- Sept 8 - Bike for Transportation
- Oct 13 - Riding in the Cold and Dark
Thanks to Bicycle Garage Indy, Bike Indianapolis, Commuter Connect, YMCA and CIBA for support of these community outreach events!
Bicycling Lunch & Learn Archives
Planning Your Bicycle Travel Weekend
Doug Lukach shares his knowledge to help you plan your bike travel weekend (or longer) Recording link: https://youtu.be/EGbkjzu5Y7Q
Thanks to the Cycle Commuter Task Force Members: YMCA, Bicycle Garage Indy, Bike Indianapolis, Commuter Connect, and CIBA for your support of these community outreach events!
Bicycle Commuting Helps You...
. . . Save Time.
. . . Save Money.
. . . Stay Healthy.
. . . Be Green.
. . . Have Fun.
Indy Bike Hub.org Google Calendar
Contact Bike Train Conductors for additional information about their bike train.
Indy Bike Trains Facebook page - keep up with the Indy Bike Trains new, commuter tips, interact with Bike Train Conductors, find out more about the Indy Bike Trains and bike commuting in Indianapolis.
Indy Bike Train Map (poster and electronic): We plan to have this map out at each of the future Bike-in Breakfasts and in the bike parking area so you can place a pushpin where you commute from and see where others start their bike commutes. Please stop by the Bike Hub and place a pushpin. You can also do this electronically by visiting this page and using the electronic push pin to show the area you commute from: https://gis.in.gov/apps/isdh/BikePin
Find your own bike commuting route using the Indy Ride Guide